We may amend this Policy in the future and will make the updated Policy available on our website. The updated Policy will supersede earlier versions and will apply to personal data provided to us previously. Every time you use our website or associated services and any updates, upgrades, new versions, documentation and content, and services provided by or through this website, services or associated products (collectively referred to as “Web Site”), or contact, interact or transact with us, you acknowledge and agree that the latest version of this Policy shall apply.
If you provide us with another person’s personal data (including your family members or dependents), you warrant that:
- you are authorized to act on his/her behalf; and
• he/she accepts that his/her personal data will be subject to this Policy.
Why we collect personal data?
We may collect, use and disclose the personal data received from you for the purposes listed below and any other related or associated purposes (collectively referred as the “Purposes”):
- to configure, manage, facilitate and connecting healthcare providers, insurance and consumers in a single platform to offer various products and services from Paediatric Surgery & Urology International and its business associates;
• to set up your account with us and managing your use and access of Web Site;
• to provide you or other users with the services or functions under Web Site;
• to enable and manage your relationship with us and with our partners as per service scope;
• to assist you with your inquiries and to personalize our services and recommending content related to your preferences;
• to provide additional services in the future which will be offered to or may be subscribed by you;
• to facilitate service provisioning and communication with us including our partners and healthcare providers;
• to extend to other service entitlements offered by us or our partners;
• to send you business communication, promotions, and product offerings from us or our associates and business partners;
• to maintain accounting and record keeping;
• to inform you about service upgrades and updates;
• to perform network or service enhancement;
• to obtain customer reviews and feedback;
• to conduct research, planning and statistical analysis, including satisfaction surveys to improve and develop new products and services, and
• to manage risk and data security associated with our services.
Data and information collected
We may collect :
- personal information during user registration to set up a user account, manage profiles and send business communication;
• information about providers related to the work location, expertise, experience, training and competency, etc required to establish matching profiles and provide reasonable information against preferred criteria;
• billing information from treating physicians, clinics, and hospitals as a part of our effort to provide price transparency and for billing purposes;
• information about your personal health, contact details and the insurance policy for availing our services;
• information about health, contact details, and insurance policy of another person when you submit a request on behalf of that person;
• personal information required to set up an appointment or seeking medical opinion with local or overseas providers;
• any relevant information as required by your insurance provider under service arrangements with them (which you opted to avail);
• any information required to facilitate our services connecting healthcare providers and support relevant insurance process;
• any information to support payment, consultancy, and other related services when required (based on service selected or offered);
• system detected information such as IP address, browser version, device info, operating system, activity log, etc for establishing proper audit trail; and
• demographic, statistical, technical, behavioural and other relevant analytical data on how a user visits our website and uses our product and associated service by using own or 3rd party services or tools; and
• the recorded version of your all communication and service requests made with us.
In order to improve user experience on this Web Site, we may use ‘Cookies’. Cookies enable us to place small amounts of information on your device (e.g., computer or mobile phone), which will enable us to retain information about your preferences, thereby allowing easier interaction during subsequent use. You may choose to set your browser to reject cookies, but doing so may prevent the browser from using specific parts of this Web Site or applications.
Paediatric Surgery & Urology International has implemented reasonable security policies, rules and technical measures to safeguard the security of user information and the data you send us with physical, technical and administrative policies and procedures. We will take appropriate measures, consistent with industry best practices, to protect information collected, to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information.
Your account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet, for example, be careful when accessing from public computers and ensure that you use a secure browser. You should undertake necessary precautions to keep your username and password secure and confidential and shall not disclose or permit it to be disclosed to any other person. Please inform us as soon as you know or suspect that someone else knows your username and password or believe the confidentiality of your username and password has been lost, stolen or compromised in any way or that actual or possible unauthorized transactions have taken place. Paediatric Surgery & Urology International is not liable for any damages resulting from any security breaches resulted from an unauthorized and/or fraudulent use of your username and password.
We may provide personal data to health care providers (in or out of the country you reside) or your insurance provider acting on your behalf to facilitate the service you have requested or accepted. Paediatric Surgery & Urology International cannot be liable for their data security practices or any incident may occur once you accept or proceed with their service arrangements.
Personal data rights
You will be able to view your account information and associated profile once you log in. You will be able to edit or submit a change request to correct your data from our web application or by calling our customer care. center. We may, however, choose not to provide you with access to or correct such information, in accordance with the exceptions under the privacy laws including cases where:
- we are satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made;
• the request for access is frivolous or vexatious or the information requested is trivial;
• personal data is related to a prosecution and all the proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
• personal data, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm our competitive position; and
• personal data was collected, used or disclosed for the purposes of an investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed.
You are entitled, at any time, to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by formally notifying us.
If you register with us and provide us with your personal data, we may share your personal data, activities, and outcomes with:
- associated healthcare providers for setting appointments, follow-ups and communicate your preferences;
• our business and insurance partners who have referred you to us or you opted to avail services from them; and
• parties who carry out statistical research, advertisers and use such information for promotional purposes; and
• parties with whom we may be in negotiation concerning a possible merger, or a sale of our business or assets or a similar transaction.
We may further disclose any information collected if such disclosure is authorised by law or necessary to comply with a legal process; in response to legal claims; required to protect and defend our rights, property or legitimate interests; necessary to protect our personal safety, property or other rights and those of our customers or employees; or an integral part of a sale of all or part of our business.
Paediatric Surgery & Urology International uses leading cloud service providers and technological solutions for storing and processing personal data. These providers are certified with industry standard security measurements for protecting your personal data in all locations. You consent to us for storing and transferring your personal data to any location within or outside of your country of residence for the Purposes set out above.
Data quality and accuracy
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal data we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date.
We endeavour to ensure that all decisions involving your personal data are based upon accurate and timely information. While we will do our best to base our decisions on accurate information, we rely on you to disclose all relevant information and to inform us of any significant changes. While all reasonable efforts will be made to keep your personal data accurate, you are kindly requested to disclose all relevant information, inform us of any change and to ensure that all your personal data that is submitted to us is current, complete, accurate, true and correct.
Your personal data will be stored and available in our system under active account maintained with us. Paediatric Surgery & Urology International may retain the relevant account information for a reasonable period of time to preserve service records and history of communication, account activity and service provided to you even after your account is deactivated with us. This is required to maintain a consistent history of service provided or a business engagement record for that account and to provide reasonable evidence in case of any investigation or respond to inquiries related to services provided in the previous years.
Please contact our Data Protection Officer or call our customer care hotline provided to you or use our electronic contact form , if you have any inquiries or feedback or complaint on our data protection policies and procedures; or need more information on or access to personal data which you have provided to us in the past.
Data protection officer
Paediatric Surgery & Urology International
Email: [email protected]
- Current Version : 1.0
Last updated on : Feb 21, 2020